Saturday 17 May 2014

Amen

Today a very special friend chinting invited me to church. She reminded me to note down how chloe amuses me. I was sharing with chloe that I will be going church tonight. I don't remember her exact reply but I sensed that she wanted to join me so I said tonight was for adults only (I wasn't sure what was in it for me). So during our conversation chloe coughed so I said let's pray for recovery. Close your eyes and clasp your hands. Chloe did as told. She repeated after me a simple prayer, dear god please heal my cough amen. Chloe then asked what's amen mommy? I wasn't sure and the train arrived at that time so I didn't answer her. Chinting then shared that amen means so be it. For me it means I agree. Which I will share with chloe later. I was just pleasantly surprised that chloe would be curious and ask me the meaning of the word. I mean I say a number of words everyday that I think she won't understand and she doesn't bother to understand but she was curious about amen. Also every Saturday when we take the bus to Chinese enrichment when we pass the church she will say mommy see that's the welcome church. I think there's a banner that says welcome. But why did her attention turn to the word welcome? Maybe the church is calling out to her. At easter chloe and I went to trinity church with my sister mona. There was a musical and the theatre was dark. From the start chloe was hugging on to my hand. I felt that the hug was tighter and then chloe turns to me tearing. What's wrong baby? There's a monster. I want to go out mommy. Turns out that there was a banner with a face of Satan and chloe thinks that was a monster. Well she's not wrong. We went out and to soothe her I gave her biscuits. We went back in again after the musical. The pastor was asking for people who was at the church for the first time to raise their right hand. Chloe turned to me and asked mommy which is right? I pointed the answer. She quickly chompes the biscuit she was holding with her right hand and raised her right hand. Wow. She's listening to the pastor. Another pleasant surprise. I think chloe has an affinity with God. Okay I will bring her to church. I know chinting will read this post. I know my grammar, sentence structure, punctuation sucks but this is me and this is not stopping me from writing more. Hahaha. Thank you for taking time to accompany me to church chinting. Much appreciated. And reminding me these little actions and replies of chloe that I should blog it so that she can read it next time when she grows up. I am posting a unrelated photo but a very sweet photo I want to share. The girls were kissing each other at gardens by the bay. I hope they will love each other forever.

P.S. mystery solved! We passed by the church today and I asked chloe where is the welcome? She pointed to statue of Jesus with his hands nailed to the cross. To her that meant welcome! 

2 comments:

Mummy of J said...

Joyg... yr post makes me tear... so sweet. Also it reminds me of e way God reaches out to each of us... in a most spontaneous unexpected way...

Yet the way i see it, i see that beside reaching out to chloe, he is also drawing u closer to him by this incident.... n with this post, u touch me with his presence n who knows who else is gg to be infected..... but that is how God is..... he works in the most miraculous way....

Im awake. Getting ready to go worship him. I miss him. Hv not spent enuf time with him. I hope he forgives me. I know he loves me. He loves u too. And chloe. And kayley. And i love u too. Amen.

ioyces said...

:) Amen indeed! The special friend is very pleased!! All in His time!!